Do I need a funeral director?
Having the services of a professional funeral director means that your funeral will be calm and well organised. This will relieve a lot of the pressure of your loved ones.
Funeral directors are well placed to advise the family on how best to implement your wishes. Here are some of the things they can help with, although this list is obviously not finite:
- Transporting the body
- The kind of burial or cremation
- Liaison with cemeteries or crematoria
- Details about the service: date, time, venue, flowers, music, podium, recordings etc
- Appropriate clergy or spiritual leaders
- A range of caskets to choose from
- Wording for death notices
- Registering the death
- Collection of the medical certificate
- Memorial attendance books
- Preparation of deceased for viewing
- Refreshments after the funeral.