Deirdre Black Lawyer is a law firm based in Melbourne. We specialise in family law, wills and estates, and intellectual property. Here are some of the types of cases we’ve handled:
• Family abuse and/or violence
• Child abduction by a parent
• Parenting orders (court orders that determine responsibilities for children)
• Parental relocation
• Restraining order against family members
• Spousal maintenance (money paid to support ex-spouse)
Wills and estates
• Drafting and/or updating of wills
• Legal advice on family provisions in wills
• Missing wills
• Probate applications (request to start the probate process to prove a will is valid)
• Powers of attorney (written consent granting authority to someone in certain legal matters)
• Copyright (exclusive right to make copies, sell, or distribute artwork, music, or literature)
• Trademarks (symbol, word, or expression that identifies products, services, or companies)
• Designs registry and protection
We at Deirdre Black Lawyer take pride in our professional work ethic, the standard of legal guidance that we’ve provided, and the personal touch we give our clients in all our years of practice. That’s because we view our clients as individuals with their own concerns and not simply as sources of our work and income.
Our principal lawyer Deirdre Black works mainly in family law. In the past, Deirdre has also practised family dispute resolution, intellectual property, employment law, and migration law. Before starting her legal practice, Deirdre was an academic at La Trobe University, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, and Phillip Institute. She also worked as a journalist for the ABC, SBS, The Age, 3RRR, and 3CR.
Today, Deirdre is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Law Council of Australia.
For more information about our services, you can contact us by phone, email, or through our online contact form. Our business hours are by appointment on weekdays.
Visited 180 times, 1 Visit today